Saturday, December 4, 2010

I remember seeing a movie, in the mid eighties, called "Blood Simple". This was the first big movie made by the Coen Brothers and their "low" budget movie was made for right around a million dollars. Because of the cost of film, the related processing costs along with distribution of those heavy rolls of 35 mm, ate up a majority of the film's budget, not leaving much for actors and production costs.

I am remembering a quote by someone, I can't remember, who said that when technology falls into the hand of the common man, true freedom exists. That is exactly what has happened in regards to movie making. Today, you can rent a camera and equipment for a couple thousand dollars and with a little ingenuity, you can produce your own movie.

In my next post, I will start to tell you my story on how our band of merry film producers are doing just that.

No comments:

Post a Comment