Monday, November 29, 2010

The Big Idea

Several years ago, at a time when the world was having it's way with me, my wife and I went to buy some take out Mexican food. When I got back to the car, I told Susan (my lovely bride) that I had an idea about a story that involved a husband handing his wife a burrito that was poisoned, and then...

About this time, I am coming out of my inspirational fog and in front of me is my wife of thirty five years giving me and our dinner, the "stink eye". Trying to maintain the storyline in my head at the same time assuring her that her food wasn't poisoned,I went home and started to write "Bette Hogan's Freedom Fund".

When I finished the story, I contacted my nephew, Brian George. I knew that Brian was a writer and he always wanted to write a movie script, after a brief conversation, we got started writing.

Now, Brian lives in Long Beach and I live in Redlands and it took us a year but we finished the script. After it was done, we wanted it to be made into a movie so we thought we would go the screenplay contest route and after two disasterous encounters with those knucklehead's I figured that I would make the movie myself.

Coming up next... "Let's Make A Movie"

No comments:

Post a Comment